NEW PRODUCT – Beginning NFC with Arduino, Android, and PhoneGap – Jump into the world of Near Field Communications (NFC), the fast-growing technology that lets devices in close proximity exchange data, using radio signals. With lots of examples, sample code, exercises, and step-by-step projects, this hands-on guide shows you how to build NFC applications for Android, the Arduino microcontroller, and embedded Linux devices.
- Dig into NFC’s architecture, and learn how it’s related to RFID
- Write sample apps for Android with PhoneGap and its NFC plugin
- Dive into NDEF: examine existing tag-writer apps and build your own
- Listen for and filter NDEF messages, using PhoneGap event listeners
- Build a full Android app to control lights and music in your home
- Create a hotel registration app with Arduino, from check-in to door lock
- Write peer-to-peer NFC messages between two Android devices
- Explore embedded Linux applications, using examples on Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Apple: Right to Repair iPhones Encourages Hackers @Apple :)
Wearables — Last minute glow
Electronics — High voltage logic
Biohacking — University Community Testing Services
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.