BioLite is seeking a software engineer to join us in developing our next generation of cutting-edge clean energy solutions. In this role you’ll develop firmware for a range of exciting new products, and work on challenging data analysis, research and productivity questions.
TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other early-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and equity stock options.
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, 1) developing-world families living in energy poverty, and 2) outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and electricity.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving startup with both a technical and creative environment in the heart of Brooklyn. If you are looking to work with a growing product development team with a passion for the outdoors and a powerful social mission, we’re your company. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of products and research programs funded by both our product stream and research grants.
• Firmware development for new energy-related products; will include firmware architecture design, code development, documentation, rigorous testing and debugging, and manufacture support.
• Data analysis, scripting and research support for internal technology development, funded research, and product development; will include test automation, data gathering and analysis, presentation of results, and support of other team members in this process.
• Development of internal systems and processes for productivity, information security, etc; will include general software engineering support, management of software processes, and development of software solutions to facilitate collaboration and productivity within the company.
The ideal candidate for this position
• has a excellent academic and technical background in software engineering or computer science,
• has 2-5 years of development experience in a range of languages and domains, including low-level embedded systems, scripting and data analysis,
• is comfortable in a fast-paced, agile work environment and excited to tackle new challenges,
• can work independently and take initiative while remaining a productive part of an interdisciplinary and collaborative product-development team.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• experience with C for embedded microcontrollers/DSPs
• experience with general-purpose scripting, preferably Python
• experience with data analysis in MATLAB, R, or similar
• experience with modern web frameworks desirable
• some hardware experience preferred, e.g. basic circuit design, control systems, etc.
• enthusiasm for new technology, a passion for collaboration and a sense of humor!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Kickstarter’s “12 Tips on Shipping Rewards”
Wearables — Diffuse the glow
Electronics — Check out this shorthand shortcut
Biohacking — Testing for Fat Burning at the Colorado 200
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.