BioLite is seeking a software engineer to join us in developing our next generation of cutting-edge clean energy solutions. In this role you’ll develop firmware for a range of exciting new products, and work on challenging data analysis, research and productivity questions.
TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other early-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and equity stock options.
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, 1) developing-world families living in energy poverty, and 2) outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and electricity.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving startup with both a technical and creative environment in the heart of Brooklyn. If you are looking to work with a growing product development team with a passion for the outdoors and a powerful social mission, we’re your company. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of products and research programs funded by both our product stream and research grants.
• Firmware development for new energy-related products; will include firmware architecture design, code development, documentation, rigorous testing and debugging, and manufacture support.
• Data analysis, scripting and research support for internal technology development, funded research, and product development; will include test automation, data gathering and analysis, presentation of results, and support of other team members in this process.
• Development of internal systems and processes for productivity, information security, etc; will include general software engineering support, management of software processes, and development of software solutions to facilitate collaboration and productivity within the company.
The ideal candidate for this position
• has a excellent academic and technical background in software engineering or computer science,
• has 2-5 years of development experience in a range of languages and domains, including low-level embedded systems, scripting and data analysis,
• is comfortable in a fast-paced, agile work environment and excited to tackle new challenges,
• can work independently and take initiative while remaining a productive part of an interdisciplinary and collaborative product-development team.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• experience with C for embedded microcontrollers/DSPs
• experience with general-purpose scripting, preferably Python
• experience with data analysis in MATLAB, R, or similar
• experience with modern web frameworks desirable
• some hardware experience preferred, e.g. basic circuit design, control systems, etc.
• enthusiasm for new technology, a passion for collaboration and a sense of humor!
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — To make it through a tough business cycle, layoffs should be a last resort
Wearables — EVA foam is like fondant
Electronics — I touched my circuit, and now it glitches!
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: 300 CircuitPython Libraries, Python Turns 30! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Upcycling Smartphones, AI Freezer, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — Play MakeCode Arcade games on Raspberry Pi!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — NEW PRODUCT – Circuit Playground 200×200 Tri-Color E-Ink Gizmo – E-Ink Display + Audio Amplifier
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.