Teaching through Technology is a one-week intensive professional development workshop for experienced educators in the design of learning experiences using design and emerging technology including digital fabrication, physical computing, and new approaches from design and the maker movement.
This workshop brings together the teaching practices of experienced teachers with design-driven approaches to the application of technology for teaching and learning. This hands on learning design program helps teachers use new tools to expand and deepen their teaching practice.
Workshop 1: June 23-28
Workshop 2: July 7-11
Workshop 3: July 14-19
Workshop 4: July 21-25
WHAT THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- Working sessions in design thinking skills for education from leading design faculty
- Collaborative development and prototyping of design + technology approaches to lesson development, including development of a lesson roadmap for the application of new techniques to your teaching practice
- Immersion in technologies emerging for the classroom, especially digital fabrication
- Classes taught in SVA’s state-of-the-art Visible Future Lab
- A field trip to schools, cultural institutions, and fab labs where new applications of technology and learning are making a difference in NYC
- A seminar in the innovative teaching practices emerging throughout NYC public schools
- Evening enrichment lectures and dinners with leading figures from around NYC in design and education
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Limor Fried featured in NYC’s HER BIG IDEA!
Wearables — Get concrete solutions
Electronics — Probe Compensation
Biohacking — Dr. Rita Levi-Montalcini was a Centenarian Gonzo Biohacker
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.