Teaching through Technology is a one-week intensive professional development workshop for experienced educators in the design of learning experiences using design and emerging technology including digital fabrication, physical computing, and new approaches from design and the maker movement.
This workshop brings together the teaching practices of experienced teachers with design-driven approaches to the application of technology for teaching and learning. This hands on learning design program helps teachers use new tools to expand and deepen their teaching practice.
Workshop 1: June 23-27
Workshop 2: July 7-11
Workshop 3: July 14-18
Workshop 4: July 21-25
WHAT THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
• Working sessions in design thinking skills for education from leading design faculty
• Collaborative development and prototyping of design + technology approaches to lesson development, including development of a lesson roadmap for the application of new techniques to your teaching practice
• Immersion in technologies emerging for the classroom, especially digital fabrication
• Classes taught in SVA’s state-of-the-art Visible Future Lab
• A field trip to schools, cultural institutions, and fab labs where new applications of technology and learning are making a difference in NYC
• A seminar in the innovative teaching practices emerging throughout NYC public schools
• Evening enrichment lectures and dinners with leading figures from around NYC in design and education
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell with Google Hangouts On-Air is every Wednesday at 7:30pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — SiFive is a startup to pay attention to. RISC-5 is here to stay.
Wearables — Turn up the volume
Electronics — Code like everyone’s watching
Biohacking — Stroboscopic Visual Training
Python for Microcontrollers — CircuitPython takes flight! All aboard with datum, Bluefruit CPX, and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython #PythonHardware @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.