Bob Murphy shared this project on last week’s Adafruit Show & Tell
Day & Night Sampler – a raspberry pi mpd mini boombox.
This project had its origin a couple of years ago. I received a nice tin box with a plastic window on the front. The window just screamed out for a special display project of some kind. The box had “Day and Night Sampler” (D&NS) embossed on the front. Thus, the name.
I decided this would be a good box to hold a small prototype of a boombox that I wanted to build, complete with Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD), a super-nice glowy character display. You could use a character LCD or OLED display instead of the VFD, but you’ll have to figure out how to adapt the python scripts for your particular display.
- VFD character display 20 chars x 2 lines
- Raspberry Pi attached to small amp through USB Sound card
- IR Remote Control: Volume +/-, Playlist up/down/change, etc.
- Internet WiFi Streaming of stations or play from stored playlists
- View Now Playing Song Info, Date/Time, or Weather
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.