Tickets for Restaurants @ Alinea. This is a great article on how a restaurant solved a very complex issue, reducing the amount of no-shows that made reservations –
- Percentage of customer no shows: Less than 1%.
- Average per customer check: up 13.8% year over year by month.
- We implemented the ticketing system in November of 2013 and the results were instantaneous.
- Our customers liked the ease by which they could book a table.
- Far more customers become aware of our premium tasting menus and ordered them.
- We have almost zero no-shows every night. Basically, if people buy a ticket to a show they go see the show, even if the deposit is only $20 per person. This allows us to hold a table for them and eliminate any potential wait they may have had with a traditional reservation. Thus we can serve them better. We can also more confidently template the night of service delivering better experiences to every customer while maximizing the potential number of covers and revenue to the restaurant.
- Number of customers has gone up 18% in aggregate and far more than that on weekdays when we had excess supply to demand.
- Revenue is up 22%. And as anyone who owns a restaurant knows, incremental revenue gains on the ‘back end’ fall to the bottom line more readily than the first money through the door.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.