Trevor sent in his great project for hacking an old iPod using an Android and an Arduino. Check out the full tutorial on his site.
This tutorial shows you how to use an Arduino to turn that old dusty music player into a Bluetooth controlled docking station.
Even if it has a cracked screen or a dead battery it can still be used.
The following instructions will show you how use an Arduino and a couple cheap parts to set up your MuseHack station NO SOLDERING REQUIRED!!!
This project can be built for under $25 which includes buying an Arduino.
Just leave the old iPod plugged into the stereo and your music will start to play when you walk in the door.
The Arduino acts as a liaison between the iPod and your phone.
- Auto Connect – If set, your phone will automatically connect to your MuseHack Station
- Auto Play – Walk in the door and your music will start playing
- Auto Pause – Leave your house and the music pauses for you
- In-Call Pause – Automatically Pause when a call is in session
- Alarm – Wake up to your own music blasting through the stereo
Since the iPod is connected directly to your stereo, it eliminates any error that can occur when streaming music to a separate device.
See the full tutorial here.