New! As of June 23, 2014 we now have an R3 update to this design – we now have a stacking header for the ICSP 2×3 pins and breakout the SCL and SDA pins. It now works much better with R3 UNO’s, Mega, Leonardo, as well as stacking nicely with any shield.
The next generation Proto-ScrewShield is a dual-purpose prototyping shield. Now only does it have a large 0.1″ grid prototyping area but it also extends the Arduino pins to sturdy, secure, and dependable screw terminal blocks. You even get a few bonus terminals for extra GND and four ‘free’ terminals for whatever connections you wish!
The stack-able wing design allows you slip this under any shield and still get easy access to the “analog” & “digital” ports of the Arduino. The ScrewShield can be stacked above or below pretty much every other shield.
- 1 large high-quality PCB, specifically chosen for its excellent resistance to lots of soldering and desoldering (essential for prototyping boards)
- Plenty of prototyping space, with power/ground rails
- Diffused green power LED, extra diffused red LED for user choice (although we suggest to connect it to pin 13)
- Reset button
- Full set of stacking female header pins
- Lots of 3.5mm terminal blocks to fill 36 breakouts on the board
Comes as a kit of all through-hole parts. You’ll need to assemble the kit using a soldering iron, diagonal cutters and solder but its an easy kit and should take less than half an hour. For more information, instructions, and tips check out the Screwshield page.
In stock and shipping now!
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Snap a picture
Electronics — To Y5V or not to Y5V?
Biohacking — Ticks are Spreading an Allergy to Meat
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.