Michael Horne shared about the latest issue of Linux User & Developer, a magazine in the UK and pointed out that there are Loads of #RaspberryPi stuff in this month’s issue. We were happy to see lots of Adafruit parts and Raspberry Pi accessories highlighted!
Linux User and Developer has fast become the best mainstream magazine for the Raspberry Pi. They regularly print multiple Pi features every month and this month’s is no exception. Here’s a list of the articles you can expect to find when it comes out in shops this coming week:
- A guide to ‘essential’ add-ons for the Pi including:
- USB cable with switch
- Adafruit 16-channel PWM/servo driver board
- PiBorg PicoBorg Reverse
- MCP3008 analog-to-digital converter chip
- Pi Camera
- The PiTFT screen
- Sharp IR range finder
- Adafruit Barometric, temp and altitude sensor
- Adafruit Electret microphone amplifier
- Adafruit stereo audio amplifier
- An entire mini-mag devoted to the Pi including:
- Dexter Industries’ BrickPi Bookreader project
- A guide to getting started with Minecraft Pi Edition (including a plug for Kano’s visual Minecraft programming environment)
- How to mine Bitcoins with the Pi
- How to use your Pi with BOINC and contribute to international scientific projects
- A feature on the Compute Module
- A guide to parallel processing on the Pi with the aim of building a ‘supercomputer’
- An review of the Wolfson Audio Card (which a higher-than-expected and deserved (IMHO) 4/5 rating)
Featured Adafruit Product!
PiTFT Mini Kit – 320×240 2.8″ TFT+Touchscreen for Raspberry Pi: Limited supply available. Is this not the cutest little display for the Raspberry Pi? It features a 2.8″ display with 320×240 16-bit color pixels and a resistive touch overlay. The plate uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display as a console, X window port, displaying images or video etc. Best of all it plugs right in on top! (read more)
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — The 16 Top Tech Policy Developments of 2016
Wearables — Foot form
Electronics — Oscilloscope Bandwidth
Biohacking — Use Diasend to Upload and View Blood Glucose Data
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.