Undertow is a handy Vigor in BioShock Infinite. It gives the user the ability to repel adversaries. Instructables user Toffee-Chan cosplayed as Elizabeth Comstock from the game and decided to make a bottle of the Undertow Vigor to go with her outfit. She used a glass bottle, silver polymer clay, Mod Podge, and a few more items to create the brew. She started by printing the Undertow paper craft template and modifying it to fit the glass bottle. She used polymer clay to fill in the stencil before applying it to the bottle. She also included helpful information on how to tint clear glass:
– Cover your work space with newspaper.
– Thoroughly clean the bottle of choice and remove all labels. Make sure it is completely dry before starting.
– You will need lots of food coloring in blue, or any colour of choice.
– Pour 3 parts Mod Podge and 1 part water into a pour-able measuring cup. Gradually add food coloring until you obtain a deep colour. Mix well.
– Pour a small amount of mix into the bottle and swirl around the sides. Cover the entire area on the inside of the bottle.
– Cover a paper plate with aluminum foil and place the bottle on it upside down. Wait a few minutes for the bottle to drain before flipping it over to rest upright.
– Let stand for around an hour.
– Put the bottle in the oven at the lowest possible temperature and bake for apprx. 20 minutes, or until the bottle is dry and transparent.
– Be careful when removing the gummy parts that may form.
Read more at Instructables.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — SoftBank Invests $300 Million in WeWork
Wearables — Wood paint
Electronics — What’s in a diode?
Biohacking — Altra IQ – The Running Coach in a Shoe
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.