Making an Undertow Vigor Bottle from BioShock Infinite
Undertow is a handy Vigor in BioShock Infinite. It gives the user the ability to repel adversaries. Instructables user Toffee-Chan cosplayed as Elizabeth Comstock from the game and decided to make a bottle of the Undertow Vigor to go with her outfit. She used a glass bottle, silver polymer clay, Mod Podge, and a few more items to create the brew. She started by printing the Undertow paper craft template and modifying it to fit the glass bottle. She used polymer clay to fill in the stencil before applying it to the bottle. She also included helpful information on how to tint clear glass:
– Cover your work space with newspaper.
– Thoroughly clean the bottle of choice and remove all labels. Make sure it is completely dry before starting.
– You will need lots of food coloring in blue, or any colour of choice.
– Pour 3 parts Mod Podge and 1 part water into a pour-able measuring cup. Gradually add food coloring until you obtain a deep colour. Mix well.
– Pour a small amount of mix into the bottle and swirl around the sides. Cover the entire area on the inside of the bottle.
– Cover a paper plate with aluminum foil and place the bottle on it upside down. Wait a few minutes for the bottle to drain before flipping it over to rest upright.
– Let stand for around an hour.
– Put the bottle in the oven at the lowest possible temperature and bake for apprx. 20 minutes, or until the bottle is dry and transparent.
– Be careful when removing the gummy parts that may form.
We are angry, frustrated, and in pain because of the violence and murder of Black people by the police because of racism. We are in the fight AGAINST RACISM. George Floyd was murdered, his life stolen. The Adafruit teams have specific actions we’ve done, are doing, and will do together as a company and culture. We are asking the Adafruit community to get involved and share what you are doing. The Adafruit teams will not settle for a hash tag, a Tweet, or an icon change. We will work on real change, and that requires real action and real work together. That is what we will do each day, each month, each year – we will hold ourselves accountable and publish our collective efforts, partnerships, activism, donations, openly and publicly. Our blog and social media platforms will be utilized in actionable ways. Join us and the anti-racist efforts working to end police brutality, reform the criminal justice system, and dismantle the many other forms of systemic racism at work in this country, read more @ adafruit.com/blacklivesmatter
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.