Planning your Burning Man project – August 25th to September 1, 2014. Each year we love seeing and hearing about all the cool projects using Adafruit tutorials and gear at Burning Man, we’ve been to Burning Man, been part of camps and have installations on the Playa. After 7+ years we thought it would be helpful to provide some guidelines to avoid any meltdowns pre-burn.
- Allow ample time to design, build, test and troubleshoot your project.
- Don’t wait until the last possible day…there won’t be time for additional parts, etc (and popular items such as LEDs always sell out).
- Be aware of the Adafruit shipping cut-off times and delivery options (we do not have Saturday or Sunday delivery).
- We do not offer messenger services or special delivery options to the Playa. We get asked this each year about this.
- Please use the Adafruit customer support forums for all assistance; do not email the staff directly.
- The are no returns of products used for your Burning Man project, once it’s been used, that’s it.
- We do not have visitors or a retail store for purchases.
- We cannot sponsor a camp or do special discounts, it’s not fair to everyone else and we do not want/need Adafruit’s logos on your camp (see the Ten Principles of Burning Man).
2014 Art Theme: Caravansary
For centuries, Silk Route travelers crossed paths in caravansaries, bustling caravan stops offering more than just shelter from the desert wilderness; they were vital centers of cultural exchange, bringing together traders, pilgrims, monks, nomads, traveling entertainers, and wild-eyed adventurers from all points of the compass to share their stories around a common fire.
We will update this post as Burning Man gets closer, have tips for everyone out there buying electronics for their projects? Post them here! Thanks!