Thanks to all who applied to participate in the GEMMA Hats Off Challenge we’re running with element14. We have our finalists! Ten competitors received a GEMMA sensor pack to help build their proposed projects and will document their builds on the element14 wearable technology group forum. At the end of October, one grand prize winner will receive an Oculus Rift from element14 and one complete FLORA Collection parts pack from Adafruit.
- Jordan & Todd Cowley (USA) – Iron Man Helmet
- Tyler Crumpton (USA) – Holmes’ Case Cap
- Gladys Delgado-Garced (USA) – Umbrella Hats for Dog and Human
- Barbara Eldredge (USA) – Jaunty Fascinator
- Miles Flavel (Australia) – Self-Tipping Hat
- Lori Griffiths (USA) – Mardi Gras Hat
- Reed Morse (USA) – Furry Hood
- Carl Penny (Canada) – Costume Gas Mask
- Claire Price (UK) – Easter Bonnet
- Lourens Smit (South Africa) – Music Festival Mullet
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Undercover in an iPhone Factory (video)
Wearables — Go with silicone
Electronics — Shift away from basic arithmetic
Biohacking — Bunnies Book “The Hardware Hacker” Applies to Biohackers
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.