3D Hangouts with Matt Griffin, Pedro & Noe Ruiz – LIVE! Thursday at 3:00pm ET 8/21/14 (video).
This Week’s Project: DIY 3D Printing Filament
- This week we show you how to turn your failed prints into new filament!
- Here’s the guide and video!
- And here’s the Layer by Layer – photos and details to help get you started with reclaiming printable plastic from your failed prints
3D News – brief glimpses into all the news that’s fit to 3D print
- 3D printing-themed #BackToSchool suggestions from Josh Ajima (DesignMakeTeach) and Laura Taalman (mathgrrl)
- Artist Vicente Gascó leverages parametric design research (and the Diffusion-Limited Aggregation fractal growth algorithmic model) to create one-off 3D forms that remind one of coral, brains, tree roots., etc.
- More 3D design innovation from Disney Research: Capturing Perfect (Printable) Hair, Instant Mechanical Characters, and Inflatable Structures
- e-NABLE Conference Sept 28th at Johns Hopkins Hospital – “Mainstreaming Open-Source 3D printed Prosthetics for Underserved Populations“
- 3D printed shoes get class with Aphrodite heels By Michele Badia
- Adam Kushner and Enrico Dini scheme to construct the First Entirely 3D Printed Estate is Coming to NY, Including a 3D Printed 2400 Sqft House, Pool & More(Post @ 4pm)
Community Spotlight: A Quick Round Up of DIY 3D Filament Projects
- Lyman Filament Extruder: How an 83-Year-Old Inventor Beat the High Cost of 3D Printing
- Tyler McNaney: Filabot Offers Two Options for Failed Print Recycling
- Tim Elmore: Filastruder Makes 3D Printing Even Cheaper
- Edward Clifford’s FilaFab Desktop Filament Extrusion System from the UK
- Joshua Pearce / Michigan Tech: Recyclebot to Produce 3D Printer Filament from Waste Polymers
- will.i.am, 3D Systems, Coca-Cola: EKOCYCLE: Transforming 3D Printing Using Recycled Plastic Bottles
We’ll also share what’s on our build platforms at the moment, sneak peeks of future projects, and throughout all of it, we’ll keep on printing. Subscribe to the Adafruit channel on YouTube and follow us on Google+ to catch future broadcasts.
We’re warming up our printers, come hang out with us this Thursday!