If you’re looking for a different take on a Queen of Hearts costume or just want to add a creative touch to the traditional look, Marie of The Joy of Fashion has a tutorial for a playing card collar. The collar is part of the Alice in Wonderland’s character’s outfit anyway, so why not make it stand out? It’s straightforward and all you need is cards, glue, scissors, paper, and a hole punch:
Here are the steps you need to follow to make this card collar:
1. Cut out the size of your neck on a piece of white paper. Try it on to make sure it fits around your neck correctly.
2. Using the white paper as a guide, start placing the cards around the neck area…
3. … and staple them together.
4. Continue stapling the cards together making sure to use the white paper as guide to the size of your neck.
5. Once you are done with the first circle of stapled cards, make another set of stapled cards a bit larger than the original circle.
6. Now place the smaller circle of cards over the larger circle of cards and staple them together…
View the rest of the tutorial at The Joy of Fashion.
via Geek x Girls