What is it capable of?
- It can be controlled using gestures.
- It can Send temperature , object distance , battery level , etc. values to the glove ( LCD ).
- Can run on 45+ degree angle.
- Tx Rx pair on both rover and Glove ( for bi-directional data transfer ).
Why to use joysticks to control you robot when you can control it by the gestures of your hand ! This robotic Rover works on 433MHz Band RF Modules (ASK).
The remote is modified into a GLOVE which is equipped with
an accelerometer (ADXL335)
16×2 LCD display
8 button keypad
and a transceiver
The rover and glove is based on ATmega328 P which is used in Arduino Uno as well.
ROVER UNIT ( I’ve named it TITAN 😀 )
2. Custom made arduino compatible robotic controller
3. DIY FTDI cable ( USB to SERIAL )
4. HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Rangefinder
5. 2 x Optical sensors ( to convert it into a line follower)
6. 2 x custom 30 Amp Motor drivers : MAKE YOUR OWN MOTOR DRIVER
7. 2 x 150 RPM & 5 kgf-cm torque DC motors
8. 12V SLA ( Sealed Lead Acid ) Battery 1.2 Ah capacity
9. 4 x Track wheels and Track belt
10. Acrylic sheet chasis ( i used 4mm thick sheet )
Gesture GLOVE :
1. A Glove
2. ATmega 328P based board
3. ADXL335 accelerometer
4. 16×2 LCD Display
5. A 8-button Keypad
6. 433Mhz Transceiver
7. Some headers and ribbon cables
Read the full tutorial here.
Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.