FABberz is a fabrication lab with locations in London and New York City, offering laser cutting, engraving, and large format printing services. We are a small company that thinks big, and are looking to expand and improve our team.
We are seeking a highly organized individual for a full-time position to oversee the daily operations of various systems, as well as assist with the development of new organizational strategies. The Operations Coordinator is expected to juggle a variety of tasks, and must be able to work well in a busy environment.
An interest in fabrication and/or design is ideal, but not required.
– Track and order stock materials used for laser cutting and printing.
– Ongoing search for new vendors in an effort to keep costs down.
– Ordering and receiving of office and lab supplies.
– Contacting clients periodically to renew subscriptions / notify them of expired subscriptions.
– Follow-up on unpaid client orders and quotes that have not received a response.
– Invoicing for overdue payments.
– Identify opportunities for improvement, cost-cutting, and operational streamlining, making recommendations for consideration.
– Engage actively in company team collaboration efforts (both online using our intranet system and at our lab).
– Further development and definition of the Operations Coordinator position.
– Familiarity with Google Drive, Pages, and Sheets.
– Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
– Good communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
– Organized, detail oriented, and process driven.
– Ability to work independently with little supervision.
– Willingness to communicate well online (with our multinational team) and jump into exciting company growth strategies.
– Small business management experience or knowledge is a plus.
Please send us your resume and tell us a little about yourself and why you’re interested in working for FABberz.
Adafruit publishes a wide range of writing and video content, including interviews and reporting on the maker market and the wider technology world. Our standards page is intended as a guide to best practices that Adafruit uses, as well as an outline of the ethical standards Adafruit aspires to. While Adafruit is not an independent journalistic institution, Adafruit strives to be a fair, informative, and positive voice within the community – check it out here: adafruit.com/editorialstandards
Adafruit is on Mastodon, join in! adafruit.com/mastodon
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — “Packaging” chips in the US
Wearables — Enclosures help fight body humidity in costumes
Electronics — Transformers: More than meets the eye!
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: Silicon Labs introduces CircuitPython support, and more! #CircuitPython #Python #micropython @ThePSF @Raspberry_Pi
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Guardian Robot, Weather-wise Umbrella Stand, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode Thank You!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — #NewProds 7/19/23 Feat. Adafruit Matrix Portal S3 CircuitPython Powered Internet Display!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.