Thanks to David for sending in his great instructables project! View the full tutorial here.
Most Raspberry Pi garage door remotes had open ports, or other features I wasn’t too fond of. So I created my own that contains much more security, logging of who opens the garage, video capture, garage status and more.
- 100% secure garage door operation, with access control lists. Only authorized family members can open.
- Ability to monitor or control garage anywhere in the world from a controlled website, with no open router ports
- Full video capture of who’s coming into the garage, uploaded securely to your website for later perusal
- Ability to remotely stop or kill the process in case of malfunction or abuse
- Email notifications when a family member arrives or leaves the house
- Cheap SMS solution (3/4 a cent per text), with no GSM card purchases or any cell contracts
- Standard Linux code, easily setup on a new Pi, and quickly portable to other platforms like BeagleBone or whatever future
- Linux technology arrives. Basically, I wanted the ability to restore this system on a fresh device within 30 minutes or less
Read the full tutorial here.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — RadioShack .. is back? Names new CEO and more…
Wearables — The needle for the job
Electronics — = != ==.
Biohacking — Gene editing can now change an entire species — forever
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.