This Week’s Project: 3D-Printed Daft Punk Helmet
- This week we share a massive wearable 3D printed LED helmet to your next party, halloween or cosplay event! Fit a strip of LEDs inside the helmet to raise your LED costume to the epic level.
- You can even customize the helmet in CAD software to fit your head!
- Complete guide in the Adafruit Learn System
3D News – all the news that’s fit to 3D print
- Tyler Anderson’s in-progress polar-coordinate 3D printer – Theta Printer
- Anouk Wipprecht and Polaire: collaborative open source 3D printed dress project (featuring Adafruit NeoPixel Rings!)
- Katrien Herdewyn – 7 Deadly Sins as 3D Printed Heel Collection
- NASA – 3D printed injector with 40 individual spray elements, printed as a single component!
Design for 3D Printing Field Guide: 3DxMusic:
Today on our weekly live 3D Hangouts, we will be sharing a short “Field Guide to 3DxMusic” to celebrate a few of the many ways that desktop 3D printing has entered into the area of music today. Here are just a few of those that caught our eye!
- Andreas Bastian – 3D Printed Banjo-Ukulele
- Erik J Durwood II: Makerlele MK1 – 3D Printable Ukulele
- Dean Miller – ServoBender: Electronic Pedal Steel + Guitar Hybrid
- Olaf Diegel – 3D Printed Guitars, Saxophone, and Other Instruments
- Philipp Tiefenbacher – Parametric Music Box
- Amanda Ghassaei – How to Create a 3D Printed Record
- Pixil3d – Bluefruit Slixtar Keytar
- Frank Piesik – pMic: 3D Printed Microphone
- Ranjit Bhatnagar – wienermobile panpipes
- More #3DxMusic will continue to be added here!
We’ll also share what’s on our build platforms at the moment, sneak peeks of future projects, and throughout all of it, we’ll keep on printing. Subscribe to the Adafruit channel on YouTube and follow us on Google+ to catch future broadcasts.
We’re warming up our printers, come hang out with us this Thursday!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — Start with a sketch
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — Project Peri – Translates Sound into Light for the Hearing Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.