Adafruit supplies hundreds of hackerspaces and makerspaces around the world with tutorials and great electronics (with great discounts!). We also have a series of articles on how to start your own hackerspace by Eric Michaud. We’re celebrating all of them on the Adafruit blog!
Today is i3 Detroit & Site 3 Colaboratory, both from North America!
i3 Detroit – Detroit, MI
“i3Detroit is a non-profit collaborative workspace in Ferndale, MI.
Crafting, woodworking, metal working, electronics, welding, programming, and digital fabrication are just some of the activities that happen at i3Detroit.
Build anything and everything you could possibly imagine.”
Site 3 coLaboratory – Toronto, ON
“Site 3 coLaboratory is a 2,000 square foot member-run makerspace in Toronto’s west end. We are dedicated to making, teaching, learning and thinking about the intersection between art and technology. We make amazing things, and we teach others to make amazing things, too.
The vision for Site 3 is to have a space that promotes a four step cycle of create, display, teach and inspire.
- Create a space that provides members with access to the right tools/facilities
- Display and promote member made projects
- Teach members and guests new skills through regular events/classes
- Inspire a community with the tools and knowledge they need to bring their projects to life”
This is just 2 of our distributors in the North American region, make sure to visit the Adafruit distributor page to view them all! We will be spotlighting Adafruit resellers from around the world on a regular basis!
Would you like to be an Adafruit distributor?
We have a very easy reseller program and would love to have more great people and companies as distributors, resellers and hackerspaces, all of whom receive special prices on their orders.
For many of our products you get up to a 30 % discount for just 1 quantity. This allows you to get a great discount even when ordering a small amount of items and it’s great for folks who want to try out a new product in their store. As always, if you order 50 or more of these items, this discount goes up to 40%. Note! *Not ALL items have reseller pricing, these discounts are only for items that can be marked down for our resellers, but we are adding more products to this list all the time! Remember, in order to receive this discount, orders must be $250 or more, not including shipping.
We have great relationships with our distributors and are working to provide even more features for them in the future. To become one now, click here and keep in mind the following:
- Are you an online store, a physical store or a hackerspace that would like to distribute our products? If so, please include a link.
- Will your orders be at least $250 (not including shipping)?
- Can you pay via PayPal or credit card? For large international orders, can you pay via wire transfer?
- Do you have a UPS account? (This is not required, but would be helpful).
We look forward to working with you!