This Week’s Theme: Replica Prop Community!
- This week we share a very special sort of “Ultrasonic Ruler” project, out of tribute to great work from the replica prop community.
- A Dune-inspired enclosure helps us turn this distance sensor into a hand held sonar measuring tape.
- The design features a unique handle and a large barrel that fits this project nicely.
- Here’s the Learn Guide!
- Here’s the model on Thingiverse!
3D News – all the news that’s fit to 3D print
- Francis Bitonti – “Molecule” 3D Printed Shoes
- Heal Your Arm Wrapped in the Words of Friends and Family – 3D Printed #CAST
- Daniel Norée – Pushing 3D Printable R/C Car Truggy as Far as 3D Will Go (and then print it again)
- UVA’s 3D-printed U.A.V. – The Razor
- 3D-Printed Car Produced LIVE at IMTS in Chicago – Strati 3D-Printed Car
3D Community Spotlight – Todd Blatt & Survey of Prop Projects and Resources Online
- Todd Blatt – Xmen Days of Future Past Mutant Detector Build
- Todd Blatt – “3D Printing and the Replica Prop Community” Presentation
- The RPF + Great Intro from TESTED: “How Obsessive Fans Built a Better Han Solo Blaster”
- Nerfenstein 3D Printed Cosplayer Props and Weaponry
- Cool 3D-printed Wolverine Claws make children’s prosthetics super awesome
- Curated Collection of Props and Cosplay Printables at MyMiniFactory.com
- Featured Props and Costume Pieces from Thingiverse
We’ll also share what’s on our build platforms at the moment, sneak peeks of future projects, and throughout all of it, we’ll keep on printing. Subscribe to the Adafruit channel on YouTube and follow us on Google+ to catch future broadcasts.
We’re warming up our printers, come hang out with us this Thursday!