NEW PRODUCTS – Raspberry Pi Model B+ Starter Pack – With and Without a Raspberry Pi B+
You're going to work hard with your Raspberry Pi B+. You're going to have to solder, code, and Linux your Maker heart out. That's why we've tried to make it as easy as possible to start – by combining the Raspberry Pi B+ with what we think are the best beginners' Pi B+ accessories into one easy to use kit.
We've hand chosen these accessories as the perfect accompaniment to your new Raspberry Pi Model B+. It's everything you need to get going with a high quality power supply, Raspbian SD card, case, WiFi adapter, console cable, and lots of prototyping essentials. It's a great jumping off point for the rest of our extensive accessory and pack collection.
This pack comes with a single Raspberry Pi Model B+ Computer!
This pack contains:
- Raspberry Pi Model B+ 512MB RAM – The freshness. The hot off the press, sell-like-hotcake, credit card sized computer with quad USB ports, improved power supply, and additional GPIO pins.
- Adafruit Pi Box Plus – A great way to keep your Pi B+ snug and secure while also showing off this well-designed board. The protective film on the case is brown paper-like, make sure to peel it off before you assemble the case! Compatible with GPIO cable and cobbler.
- Adafruit Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus – This is the soldered together version of our popular Pi Cobbler Plus Kit. Comes with a breakout board that's perfect for cobbling prototypes as well as a 40-pin GPIO cable for your Pi's pins.
- Full Size Breadboard – In the past, we've used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects – but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space – and that's why we're including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires – 20 x 6" (150mm) – These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB to TTL Serial Cable – An old standby, this cable's pretty much the easiest way to connect your Raspberry Pi to a USB port to log into the debugging/login console. Ideal for running the Pi 'headless'
- USB WiFi Module – Give your Rasp Pi the Internet with this USB port WiFi module, this module is compact but has great range and is plenty fast.
- 4GB SD card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with Raspbian Wheezy – 4GB microSDHC card programmed with the latest Raspberry Pi Linux distribution.
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable – This all-in-one 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi Badge – Now that you're getting started, show off your Pi Pride with this beautifully embroidered, jewel toned, iron-on badge.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so we include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor – 1.0uF
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
We're always adding new tutorials to our Learn System but here are a few that are worth checking out to start. While they're for the Model B, they will all apply to the Raspberry Pi Model B+.
- Introduction to outputs – light up an LED when you get an e-mail
- Introduction to inputs – play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors – reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes