John Guarnero has been foraging through the Adafruit online catalog producing a number of great movie props with some stellar electronic modifications and interactive elements, including this ET puppet with light-up heart:
This ET is a NECA puppet that was modified with the following enhancements.
- Robe – purchased from Target
- Fading Heart – 16×24 red LED Matrix panel purchased from adafruit.com
- Audio – Adafruit wave Shield for Arduino
- Controller – Arduino Uno R3 purchased from adafruit.com
- Speakers – Sound bar purchased from staples
- Lunch Box – Purchased on EBAY. The lunch box holds all of the electronics and the sound bar. A small LED was added to the lunch box where the ET finger is. A 10mm LED was also added to ET’s finger in the NECA puppet. A motion sensor was added to the lunch box in the top left corner and each motion trigger will play 1 of 7 different phrases. The heart, finger lights, and audio are all programmed via the Arduino.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Authority and Decision-Making Differ Across Cultures
Wearables — Skin adherence
Electronics — LED Basics!
Biohacking — Stretchable EEG Temporary Tattoos
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.