Here are some resources for building a FreeBSD image for your RasPi, hosted on the FreeBSD wiki!.
Anatomy of a Raspberry Pi Boot Image
A FreeBSD bootable image for Raspberry Pi has both FAT and UFS partitions containing the following files:
- FAT Partition
- bootcode.bin – First stage boot
- start.elf – Second stage boot
- config.txt – configuration for start.elf
- rpi.dtb – FDT file loaded via config.txt
- uboot.bin – Third stage: U-Boot loader
- uEnv.txt – configuration file for U-Boot
- ubldr – Fourth stage: FreeBSD bootloader
- UFS Partition
- /boot/kernel – dynamic kernel
- … rest of FreeBSD …
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Undercover in an iPhone Factory (video)
Wearables — Go with silicone
Electronics — Shift away from basic arithmetic
Biohacking — Recording and Biohacking a 100 Mile Run
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.