Here are some resources for building a FreeBSD image for your RasPi, hosted on the FreeBSD wiki!.
Anatomy of a Raspberry Pi Boot Image
A FreeBSD bootable image for Raspberry Pi has both FAT and UFS partitions containing the following files:
- FAT Partition
- bootcode.bin – First stage boot
- start.elf – Second stage boot
- config.txt – configuration for start.elf
- rpi.dtb – FDT file loaded via config.txt
- uboot.bin – Third stage: U-Boot loader
- uEnv.txt – configuration file for U-Boot
- ubldr – Fourth stage: FreeBSD bootloader
- UFS Partition
- /boot/kernel – dynamic kernel
- … rest of FreeBSD …
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Hot glue free zone
Electronics — Have you met Charlie?
Biohacking — Ticks are Spreading an Allergy to Meat
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.