Why wiggle when you can wag?
Add a touch of awesome to your interactive displays, costumes, or art projects with an animatronic tail comprised of 3D printed parts, a silicon tube, a servo, and minimal hardware.
The bulk of the project is 3D printed… only a few additional items are needed.
- Silicone tubing ~12 mm (outer diameter)
- Beadalon stringing wire .61mm
- Standard Metal Gear Servo
- 30mm screws (almost any kind wil do – you only need two)
- 10mm screws
- 8mm screws
- Spring from a ballpoint pen
And, some basic tools.
- Hot glue gun
- Silicone adhesive
- M4 tap (optional)
- Wire cutters
- Silicone tubing has an outer diameter of ~12mm and an inner diameter of ~9mm.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Avoid burnout
Electronics — USB Powered Mayhem!
Biohacking — Biohacking : BiAffect – App that Detects BiPolar Disorder
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.