NEW PRODUCT – Companion Parts Pack for Adventures in Raspberry Pi
This is a companion kit for the wildly popular Adventures in Raspberry Pi book by Carrie Ann Philbin. The book’s a great beginner guide to the Raspberry Pi and this kit includes the electronic components to do the interactive projects in the second half of the book. No soldering is required! It’s plug and play and easy to try out the electronics adventures even if you’ve never done electronics in your life.
This kit includes:
- 1 x Adafruit GPIO Reference Card for Raspberry Pi Model B+ If you are using a Raspberry Pi Model B, you may want to also pick up a model B card
- 1 x Full Sized Breadboard
- 20 x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires – 3″
- 20 x Premium Female/Male ‘Extension’ Jumper Wires – 6″
- 1 x Diffused 10mm Red LED (Same LED as in this pack)
- 1 x Diffused 10mm Green LED (Same LED as in this pack)
- 5 x 10K ohm 5% 1/4W Resistors
- 5 x 300 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistors
- 5 x 12mm tactile buttons with switch covers, same as in this Colorful Round Tactile Button Switch Assortment
- 1 x Assembled Standard LCD 16×2 – white on blue
- 1 x 10K Potentiometer
This is just the electonics parts pack, and is designed for people who already have Philbin’s book and a Raspberry Pi Model B+! We don’t include a Raspberry Pi Model B+, computer add-on pack, pi case, Raspbian SD card, or the Philbin book in this pack but you can pick all of them up in the Adafruit store. The book was written for the Model B which has been now been updated to the B+. All of these projects will work with BOTH the model B or model B+ and we’ve included a diagram on how to use the model B+ since the book primarily focuses on the Model B. If you are still using a Raspberry Pi Model B, you may want to also pick up a model B card.
Carrie Anne Philbin is a high school computing teacher who advises the U.K. government on the revised ICT curriculum. She teaches 11 to 15 year olds programming and system administration skills using the Raspberry Pi. Her book coupled with our add-on pack is a great way to get any kid started!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Adafruit interviews Dan Rasure, Managing Partner TechShop 2.0
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Heatsinks aren’t enough!
Biohacking — Getting More from Home DNA Testing
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.