The Borg Collective is one of Star Trek’s most recognizable and iconic villains. After seeing them my daughter instantly new what her next Halloween costume would be. Adapting and “assimilating” some other guides, we worked together to assemble a Gemma/Trinket & NeoPixel powered costume.
The main features include:
- some NeoPixels located throughout cycling a random pattern of colours
- a NeoPixel ring eyepiece blinking a random pattern
- a laser diode mounted to a micro servo, based off the Laser Dog Goggles project
With this guide you can put together one of your own for your next Halloween or Sci-Fi con.
Featured in this tutorial:
- Adafruit GEMMA – Miniature wearable electronic platform
- NeoPixel Ring – 12 x WS2812 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers
- Flora RGB Smart NeoPixel version 2 – Pack of 4
- Micro servo
- Laser Diode – 5mW 650nm Red
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Tape tactics
Electronics — Ground connections cooler via more vias
Biohacking — Itch Tracker for Apple Watch
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.