Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them. As the largest global crowdfunding platform, campaigns have launched from every country around the world with millions of dollars being distributed every week due to contributions made by the Indiegogo community. At its core, Indiegogo is the equal opportunity platform dedicated to democratizing the way people raise funds for any project – creative, entrepreneurial or cause-related. The company was launched in 2008 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles and New York.
HEAD OF HARDWARE, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY – SAN FRANCISCO
Do you often find yourself advising entrepreneurs, accelerators, makers, and hardwarians the benefits of crowdfunding? Do you seek to find and play with the latest gadgets, and celebrate CES as your favorite holiday? Are you known as the ultimate networker? Do you light up in front of a crowd?
If so, we’re looking for you! Join Indiegogo and work with an incredible team to help others bring their hardware products to life. You will play a critical role in bringing the next generation of products to market and rub elbows with inspiring innovators.
● Develop and execute a comprehensive go-to-market strategy to win in the hardware space.
● Define and achieve near and long term growth targets.
● Personally identify, target, pitch and close high-quality campaigns and partnerships that will advance our business overall, as well as in given vertical.
● Marshall cross-functional resources and provide high-impact consultative input to campaigners to help ensure they reach their goals.
● Build, manage and lead a high performing client development team.
● Actively and accurately report and forecast pipeline and performance.
● Serve as the public face of the vertical.
● Experience: Ten plus years relevant work experience with emphasis on revenue and sales
● Vertical Knowledge: Deep experience, knowledge, reputation and network within the consumer electronics space, ideally in the form of building a brand, launching a product, taking a concept or business plan to market, and/or developing a community of influence in hardware.
● Revenue Leadership: Experience developing go-to-market strategies and leading a business, brand or sales/client service team in successfully achieving growth targets.
● Team Leadership: Proven ability to build, manage and lead a high-performing team, including both direct reports and cross-functional resources.
● Consultative: Ability to build strong, trust-based high impact relationships with clients and prospects and educate them on innovative techniques.
● Client Development: Hands-on experience managing the end to end client development process, from securing initial engagements at new clients to successfully growing long-term strategic accounts.
● Pipeline Management: Experience developing, maintaining and reporting accurate revenue forecasts and pipeline status.
● Collaborative: Foster and support a growing, high-performing team.
Special Position Requirements
At least 25% travel anticipated.
● Personal experience with crowdfunding
● Quantitative analytical experience a plus
● Personal experience with, and a deep understanding of, hardware product design
● Highly proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce
● MBA preferred
● Persuasive, positive and confident disposition
● Direct sales experience a must
● Responsible and able to work independently
● Strong communication and public speaking skills
● An ability to follow-through on ideas and conversations
● Creative problem-solver
● Strong ability to work virtually across multiple office locations
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Authority and Decision-Making Differ Across Cultures
Wearables — Skin adherence
Electronics — LED Basics!
Biohacking — Stretchable EEG Temporary Tattoos
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.