The History Channel’s drama series Vikings introduced some interesting characters to the world of television – including Ragnar and Lagertha. Instructables user connielim_2000 decided to dress as Lagertha for Halloween and was of course accompanied by a Ragnar. She made the costumes in a day and did so for about $54. She saved money by gathering many supplies at Dollarama. Supplies included: foam floor mats, acrylic paint, brown belts, a beige tablecloth, and plastic weapons.
I’m most intrigued by the shields because Connie built them from interlocking foam mats. The process:
1) Glue the pieces together with hot glue
2) Cover the edges with caulking
3) Use the caulking to create wood like planking
4) Leave overnight to let the caulking dry and set
5) Use string and sharpie to trace a circle
6) Cut shield out with the scissors
7) Cut edges from scraps to glue to edges and to make embellishments
8) Use the serrated knife to cut the styrofoam ball in half
9) Glue the ball and foam embellishments to the shield
10) Use hot glue to make fake rivets
11) Paint the shields per pictures
12) Hot glue a foam strip in the back for a handle
Read more about the build at Instructables.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Snap a picture
Electronics — To Y5V or not to Y5V?
Biohacking — Ticks are Spreading an Allergy to Meat
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.