The 31st Chaos Communication Congress starts today in Hamburg, Germany, and runs for the next four days. This annual conference brings together hackers, makers, researchers, technologists, and more to present and discuss interesting technology-related topics.
Some of the talks this year that catch my eye include:
- Reconstructing Narratives by Jacob Applebaum & Laura Poitras
- Fernvale: An Open Hardware and Software Platform, Based on the (nominally) Closed-Source MT6260 SoC by bunnie and Xobs
- Computer Science in the DPRK by Will Scott
- Let’s Build Our Own Personalized Open Textile Production Line by Hong Phuc Dang
- How I Learned to Stop Reinventing and Love the Wheels by Andreas Bihlmaier
- Blow Stuff Up With Your Brain by merlin
- The Only Thing We Know About Cyberspace Is That Its 640×480 by Olia Lialina
- The Maker Movement Meets Patent Law by Natalia Lukaszewicz
- Telescope Making by Madonius
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Special servo movement
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.