….what I needed was a simple notification system and looking around I was not able to find one, so I made Pushetta. The opportunity came from the integration of my pellet stove in Domitio, my home automation system. One of objectives was to get notified when pellet level was below a threshold, this information is important because some stoves fails to start, when refilled, if pellet has been previously completely exhausted (mine is one of these).
So, Pushetta is a simple system I made to send notifications to mobile phones (and also desktop in future), components are:
- A web site, http://www.pushetta.com
- An API
- Some clients libraries (eg. for Arduino Yún )
- Some Apps (for iOS, Android and Windows Phone)
Typical use case is:
- User interested in send notification register on pushetta.com
- He /She defines a Channel, that is a node where send notification
- User wants to be notified downloads the App
- By the App he seeks interested channels and subscribes them
- Every time a message is “pushed” to a channel subscribers receive it
Featured Adafruit Product!
Arduino YUN (YÚN): Arduino Yún 云 is the first member of a new groundbreaking line of wifi products combining the power Linux with ease of use of Arduino.
Yún means “cloud” in Chinese language as the purpose of this board is to make it simple to connect to complex web services directly from Arduino.
The first Arduino Yún is the combination of a classic Arduino Leonardo (based on the Atmega32U4 processor) with a Wifi system-on-a-chip running Linino (a MIPS GNU/Linux based on OpenWRT)…. (read more)
People around the world are making amazing things with Adafruit kits, tools, boards, and components. Are you one of them? Let us know by sending us a message using the “Cool things for the Adafruit blog!” category of our Contact form. (For more details, check out our video: “Submit a Blog Tip to Adafruit!“)