Re-visit our top ten most popular 3DxMedicine posts from 3DThursday, published in the year 2014!
2. French surgeon performs world’s first spinal fusion surgery using 3D printed spine cages #3DxMedicine #3DThursday #3DPrinting
4. Medical First: 3-D Printed Skull Successfully Implanted in Woman #3DxMedicine #3DThursday #3DPrinting
5. 3D Printed Bolus Protects Cancer Patients During Radiation Therapy, May Cut Treatment Costs Substantially #3DxMedicine #3DThursday #3DPrinting
6. This Clear, Flexible Electronic Circuit Can Fit on the Surface of a Contact Lens #3DxMedicine #3DxElectronics #3DThursday #3DPrinting
7. FingerReader – 3D Printed Wearable Reads to the Blind in Real Time #3DxMedicine #3DThursday #3DPrinting
8. Jordan Miller on Printing Organ-Level Tissue: “The Billion Cell Construct: Will Three-Dimensional Printing Get Us There?” #3DxScience #3DxMedicine #3DThursday #3DPrinting
9. Artist 3D printed Vincent van Gogh’s ear using relative’s DNA #3DxMedicine #3DxArt #3DThursday #3DPrinting
10. NIH 3D Print Exchange – 3D printable files and resources supported by National Institutes of Health #3DxMedicine #3DThursday #3DPrinting
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!
Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!
The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! We also offer the LulzBot TAZ – Open source 3D Printer and the Printrbot Simple Metal 3D Printer in our store. If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!