The Pocket Galaxy is a small, 3d printed infinity mirror using NeoPixel leds & see-through acrylic mirrors. It makes a fun desk accessory, and a LiPoly battery and charger keep it blinking on the go.
By illuminating the interior of the mirrored frame, the light is reflected ‘infinitely’ into the distance, creating a black hole-like effect.
Links to these products can also be found on the right sidebar!
- 5V Trinket
- Trinket LiIon/LiPoly Backpack Add-On
- 100mAh LiPo Battery
- Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch
- 1m NeoPixel Strip Black (60 LED/m) You’ll only use 1/5th of it
- Premium Male/Male Jumper wires, or any thin gauge wire.
- 2x See-Thru Mirrored Acrylic, 1/8″ thickness 2 1/8″ x 2 1/8″ square
NOTE: We sell all of the components needed for this project EXCEPT the see-through mirrored acrylic. If you have access to a laser cutter you can buy a sheet and cut, otherwise, two 2 1/8″ x 2 1/8″ cuts can be bought here for $10.
It’d be best to take a look over these guides and get familiar with these components!