Who doesn’t love waking up to the smell of bacon in the morning? This is a fun project from Instructables user llopez2005.
This is a project I came up with that was inspired by my love for bacon!
This is an alarm clock that is designed to wake you up with the smell of bacon. With the help of an arduino the alarm clock will already have the bacon aroma filling the room to wake you up before the alarm, or it will make you just want some bacon when the alarm goes off.
1. Arduino Uno (can be found at Newark/Element 14)
2. RTC ( Real Time Clock ) shield with Bluetooth -( You will also need an Android device with the Blueterm app )
3. Mini Dual LED Matrix shield
4. Bacon scented oil
5. A 5″ mini frying pan ( found at wal-mart )
6. Unscented candle wax
7. Oven bake clay ( for the bacon )
8. Sink strainer set
9. Electric Candle warmer
10. USB and AC receptical outlet combo – 120v / 15 amp ( Can be found online or at Home Depot )
11. 3~32VDC SSr-25 DA Solid State Relay ( Found online )
12. Wood to build your box
13. Plexiglass to build your display box
14. Spray Paint ( optional )
See the full tutorial here.
Featured Adafruit Products!
Adafruit Proto Shield for Arduino Kit – Stackable Version R3: This prototyping shield is the best out there (well, we think so, at least), and now is even better with Version R3 – updated for the most compatibility with just about all the Arduinos! It works with UNO, Mega, Leonardo, NG, Diecimila, Duemilanove, and compatible Arduinos. Yun’s and Arduino Ethernets have a chunky Ethernet jack that gets in the way of stacking, you can use the stacking headers included and it will work, just doesn’t sit nice and flat. Read more.