Build your own handmade hexapod robot. via instructables
You will be able to build this robot with handcrafting.
Watch the videos of the robot. You can build it in any size (don’t exaggerate – there is always a limit)
Hardware you need
1) 18 servo motors. You can see the link of the servos by clicking here. They will have additional connection parts and we will need them.
2) 3 or 5 mm PVC Foam board sometimes it called “forex” for building body and necessary supporting components. You can see it from my pictures
3) Servo cord extender. You can find it easy I guess.
4) Mini Maestro 24-Channel USB Servo Controller. I bought it from poll. Click here to see it.
5) 7.2V Li-po or corresponding battery (for powering up servos)
6) 4 AA 1.5V batteries. (for powering up servo controller)
7) Thin stick woods for kite building
Now it is time for software
As a Software what you need
1) I used 3D CAD programming called Inventor, You will need one
2) Download the software of servo controller from the link here.
Tools what you will need
1) Hot glue gun and sticks (magical tool)
2) Screw drivers
3) utility knife
4) steel ruler
5) pen pencil 🙂
6) copy paper
7) other necessary stuff you may need/