February 2, 2015 AT 8:00 am
Build Your Own Handcrafted Hexapod Robot
Build your own handmade hexapod robot. via
You will be able to build this robot with handcrafting.
Watch the videos of the robot. You can build it in any size (don’t exaggerate – there is always a limit)
Hardware you need
1) 18 servo motors. You can see the link of the servos by clicking here. They will have additional connection parts and we will need them.
2) 3 or 5 mm PVC Foam board sometimes it called “forex” for building body and necessary supporting components. You can see it from my pictures
3) Servo cord extender. You can find it easy I guess.
4) Mini Maestro 24-Channel USB Servo Controller. I bought it from poll. Click here to see it.
5) 7.2V Li-po or corresponding battery (for powering up servos)
6) 4 AA 1.5V batteries. (for powering up servo controller)
7) Thin stick woods for kite building
Now it is time for software
As a Software what you need
1) I used 3D CAD programming called Inventor, You will need one
2) Download the software of servo controller from the link here.
Tools what you will need
1) Hot glue gun and sticks (magical tool)
2) Screw drivers
3) utility knife
4) steel ruler
5) pen pencil 🙂
6) copy paper
7) other necessary stuff you may need/
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s
CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.
Join 7,500+ makers on
Adafruit’s Discord channels and be part of the community! http://adafru.it/discord
CircuitPython in 2018 – Python on Microcontrollers is here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every
Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for
Ask an Engineer!
Follow Adafruit on Instagram for top secret new products, behinds the scenes and more https://www.instagram.com/adafruit/ Maker Business — Fewer startups, and other collateral damage from the 2018 tariffs Wearables — Light as a Worbla feather Electronics — Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, your semiconductor is DOA Biohacking — The Heart Rates of the Hazda Python for Microcontrollers — One year of CircuitPython weeklies!
Get the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a "maker business", electronic tips and more! Subscribe at
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.