In this all-sewing (no soldering) project, you’ll learn to stitch up a textile slide actuator to control color changing LEDs using the GEMMA sewable microcontroller. You will need:
- Soft potentiometer by Plug&Wear
- Adafruit GEMMA
- Sewable NeoPixels
- 3-ply stainless conductive thread
- 3xAAA battery pack and JST extension
- Sewing needles and plain thread
- Clear nail polish
- Multimeter (optional but useful for troubleshooting)
Before you begin please read these prerequisite guides:
- Conductive Thread
- Introducing GEMMA
- Flora RGB Smart NeoPixels
- Washing Wearable Electronics
- Battery Powering your Wearable Electronics
Read on for the full tutorial for the Textile Potentiometer Hoodie on the Adafruit Learning System!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Brushing it clean
Electronics — Electrolytic Limitations
Biohacking — High Power Density Human Sweat Battery
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.