If you’ve ever wondered how challenging or simple it is to make armor from foam, this tutorial from Mohrigan Cosplay is straightforward. She demonstrates how to use EVA foam to make bracers and as you can see from the picture on the bottom right, the result is impressive. I’m not sure that it looks exactly like metal, but the bracers certainly don’t look like they’re made from foam. And only a handful of supplies are needed for the transformation!
The photos lay the transformation and steps out clearly, and Mohrigan wrote this tutorial to accompany the pictures:
1. Use plastic wrap to cover the area you want to take out the pattern from.
2. Then cover it with tape.
3. Cute it and paste the pattern to paper. (I always add lil bit extra in the sides in this case added left, right and bot)
4. Paste them to Eva foam and cut it.
5. Add details with foamy (borders) and glue everything.
6. The small cut you see in the back its because that way I can fit my fist with no problem.
7. Cover it with wood glue.
8. Now with plasti-dip.
9. Paint it and after it dries put a layer of modge podge [Mod Podge].
For several more helpful tutorials, visit Mohrigan’s Tumblr.