By routine reading of Photo-News and blogs from around the world, I came across homemade photo booths again and again. I saved images and ideas for my own project “somewhere in the future”. Future was supposed to be 2012, when I moved to Hamburg and a housewarming party was planned. Unfortunately, that did not work out with the schedule, the project has been somewhat forgotten and thus lay for a while semi-finished in the basement. 2015, a colleague celebrated his birthday on a larger scale and they have established a selfie-booth. The result was great and reminded me of the photo booth in the basement, which was finally completed.
Like always I joint all the best ideas from other projects that I had found in the meantime.
- using a DSLR
- LED lighting or regular flash
- countdown timer
- WiFi for live viewing of images on screens or projectors
- web slideshow to ensure that only requires a browser on the client side. Ken Burns Effect FTW!
- rapid construction of themes for the slideshow
- classic look that can be used from birthday to weddings
- built-in photo filters for various occasions
- open source software as a basis
The result is the Photo Booth WiFi with built in Arduino to control lighting, countdown and shooting and with an extra Raspberry Pi, on which the filters are applied and the slideshow can be retrieved from.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Pololu’s New Machines
Wearables — Mystical elements
Electronics — Disable unused channels!
Biohacking — Two Blood Meters to Start Your Biohacking Adventure
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.