Make a studio quality mic for under $8 with a coconut. via instructables
Do you want to record your audio files like a pro? Probably you would love to… Well… in fact everyone loves to. Today your wishes will come true. Presented here is the Coco-Mic – Which not only records quality audio but also “MEETS THE EYE” . This awesome piece is a whole package with a DAC sound card , M.E.M.S technology Microphones which when connected to the computer or the laptop provides studio quality sound recording.
You may ask why not just buy a GOOD quality mic from the store? well .. those mics cost above $100. Why spend so much money when you can make one for under $8! Moreover.. You can proudly say that you have made it!
Here’s the list of the materials you need to get before you begin.
1) USB soundcard ( With Mic input )x 1 ($1.03)
2) MEMS Mic x 2 ( $ 1.68 * 2 = $3.36 )
3) Medium sphere shaped coconut. x 1
4) 0.1 uf capacitor x 1
5) Female USB port & USB Cable male to male (One each )
5) Coffee strainer ( for the circular mesh) x 1 ( I had at home )
6) Coconut scraper (I had at home)
7) Basic tools and soldering skills.