Make a phone charging/radio playing toolbox. via instructables
I have been postponing posting an instructable for years and now here it is! my very own bluetooth enabled site radio/toolbox!!!
have you ever been at work and:
– your phone battery dies?
– your e-cig battery dies?
– your site radio does not give you much options of music or battery life?
– balanced a site radio on your head, when you couldn’t carry anything else, just for the sake of not falling into boredom?
if you answered yes to any of these questions, you found the reason for this build!
for this project I had 3 goals in mind:
– a site radio that is not a burden to carry along with my other tools and materials
– a site radio that delivers different options such as fm radio, memory card, pen drive and Bluetooth
– a way to charge my phone or my e-cig batteries on site, without running for a socket
And with some time on my hands and a restless mind for DIY projects, I took off!!!
Step 1: Material & Tools
Now let’s gather what we need for this awesome build
– toolbox, (take your time choosing one, considering all the room you need for all the components, or if you want just build it in any kind of box, but I wanted a toolbox for the application I wanted)
– MP3 decoder Module
– Mini HiFi Amplifier Module 2x10W
– USB Bluetooth audio receiver
– 2 pole and single pole switches
– Set down usb 5V regulator
– USB Splitter cord
– USB Splitter Hub
– 2x 8ohm speakers 10W
– battery cells for your battery, I chose Li-Ion, if you want the same, get some 18650 cells from old laptop packs
– battery monitor, tabs, and balance leads (again, depending on your choice of battery)
– female and male dc jacks
– wired male stereo jack
– stereo audio splitter
– wire from alarm cable
– some small strips of wood
– screws (self tapping preferred)
nothing extraordinary here… just your everyday tools such as pliers, wire strippers, box cutter, soldering iron screwdrivers, etc. if you are comfortable with power tools, add a dremel and a drill to this list
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.