Great project via PiAmble.
Having sorted out my house for Solar Hot Water and Solar PV in the last couple of years, my attention turned to my central heating system (GAS System Boiler) and specifically my radiators and the temperatures of the rooms in my house.
I wanted to:
- know what the temperatures of many of the rooms of my house were at any time
- see how quickly they warmed up when the central heating was on
- see how quickly they cooled after the heating was off
I wanted to know if I was wasting money heating rooms when I didn’t need to.
… and of course I wanted to use some tech to do it, Raspberry Pi, Radio transmitters, etc.
- The sensors had to work from battery (and use minimal power so it lasted for months)
- The sensors had to be minimally intrusive and wireless – so they can be easily moved
- The system had to be reliable and hassle free – it does not need to be real-time – near-time is OK.
- The results had to be presented in an easy to use browser based graphical way
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!