Here is a brief list of important changes:
- Added support to the new Arduino Gemma
- Tools submenu shows selected subentry. Thanks Paul Stoffregen
- We added a command line interface to Boards and Libraries Managers: see –install-boards and –install-library actions in the documentation
- We restored line highlighting when the sketch contains an error. This was actually a regression, something that stopped working since 1.5.7
- Fixed an error that left the Tools > Port menu greyed out
And the most important feature: you can add additional, non official, boards to the Boards Manager by just adding a url in the preferences.
Click on File menu, then click Preferences. At the bottom of the page, you’ll find this new text field:
Fill the text field with the urls provided by your board manufacturer, separating each with a comma. Here you can find some example URLs.
There also are many other fixes and improvements. The complete list of fixes and credits is available here.
We are also happy to see the list of available libraries growing day after day: today we reached 190.
We tested this out, it works great, and you now easily add all the Adafruit boards.
Here’s a video our fave features!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.