Monitoring vital signs and locations of certain classes of ambulatory patients can be useful in overcrowded emergency departments and at disaster scenes, both on-site and during transportation. To be useful, such monitoring needs to be portable and low cost, and have minimal adverse impact on emergency personnel, e.g., by not raising an excessive number of alarms. The SMART (Scalable Medical Alert Response Technology) system integrates wireless patient monitoring (ECG, SpO2), geo-positioning, signal processing, targeted alerting, and a wireless interface for caregivers. A prototype implementation of SMART was piloted in the waiting area of an emergency department and evaluated with 145 post-triage patients. System deployment aspects were also evaluated during a small-scale disaster-drill exercise.
Step 1: Getting parts
this are components to build this project:-
– e-Health Sensor Shield for Arduino and Raspberry Pi
– Pulse and oxygen in blood sensor (SPO2)
– Airflow sensor (breathing)
– Body temperature sensor
– Electrocardiogram sensor (ECG)
– Glucometer sensor
– Galvanic skin response sensor (GSR – sweating)
– Blood pressure sensor (sphygmomanometer) V2.0 New Sensor
– Patient position sensor (Accelerometer)
– Electromyography Sensor (EMG) New Sensor
– arduino or raspberry pi
– if you are using raspberry pi you need cooking hacks shield
– you need a Bluetooth or xbee shield or wifi shield
– you need app to interface your smart phone like i phone and Android phones
u can get the e-sensor shield and components (GET IT)
use either arduino or raspberry pi
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — TechShop is closed, files bankruptcy
Wearables — Get concrete solutions
Electronics — Are you grounded?
Biohacking — Learning to See with Sound
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.