…I’ve been scheming for some time to find a digital solution in the form of an electronic music stand. As it turns out, there are a number of ways to reach this common goal now (including several sheet music reading apps for iPad and Android), and this is but one of them.
With an extremely simple hardware setup and a few software tweaks to the pi, I’ve found an solution that I am very satisfied to use. Beyond the “music stand” capabilities of this setup, I have also set up (and continue to work on) a composition sketching environment. In it’s most current version it’s only real ability is to sketch scores by hand using a standard stylus, however I am attempting to develop handwriting recognition into it.
• Display sheet music using a modified version of the program Xournal, which allows for PDF annotation and drawing
• Digital library management using Calibre
• Composition sketchbook (also using Xournal)
• Ability to download scores directly from IMSLP onto Raspberry Pi for immediate use
• Handwriting (note) recognition, playback, and MIDI/Music-Xml export
• On-screen metronome
• Mounting solution for accessibility in a variety of environments
• Big buttons in corners for page turning
• Option for hardware device (such as a foot pedal) for page turning
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — TechShop is closed, files bankruptcy
Wearables — Don’t shy away from intricacy
Electronics — Are you grounded?
Biohacking — Learning to See with Sound
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.