Converting a vintage suitcase into a groovy Bluetooth Boomcase. via instructables
The Boomcase is a vintage suitcase converted into a boomcase,
It has two woofers and two tweeters. The case is powered by one lead acid battery.
The boomcase can be charged via an 230V power supply. The amplifier delivers 15 watts of power per channel, and has a connector for an external sub-woofer (30W). You can easily take this case to the park or to the beach or just let it play at your home. This is my first instructable so I hope you like it.
– Suitcase: found in my garage.
– Speakers: found in a local second hand store.
– Buck convertor: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6451422603.htm…
– Switched mode power supply: http://www.conrad.be/ce/nl/product/511827/TDK-Lamb…
– Bluetooth module: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Bluetooth-BLK-MD-SPK-B…
– Usual electronic components (resistors / capacitors / connectors / …): found at a local electronics store.
– Lead acid battery: bought at local flea market.
– Lead acid batterycharger: found at a local electronics store.
– Heatsink: recovered from old Acoustimass speaker.
– PCB: http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73.html
– Soldering iron
– Tweezers (for the SMD components)
– Wire Cutters/Strippers
– Milling machine
Step 1: Designing the PCB
First I designed the PCB,
I did this step first because I know I will have to wait for at least 3 weeks for the PCB’s to arrive.
I started with a schematic that i found on the internet:
This scheme will never work on a 12V battery!
The voltage required on pin 7 (standby pin) of the TDA7377, is 5V in this configuration the voltage on the standby pin would be 1,9V and then the amplifier would never get out standby.
I replaced the resistor of 22K ohm with one of 10K ohm and the capacitor of 1µF with one of 10µF.
I altered it so I could make an extra sub-woofer channel:
I made it a mono speaker: joining the right and left channel together.
This joined signal I took as input for my sub-woofer pre-amp.
I designed the PCB with the Eagle cadsoft software but I lost the .BRD file so I can only upload the .SCH file. (truly sorry).
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Authority and Decision-Making Differ Across Cultures
Wearables — Perform operation
Electronics — Soldering Pointer!
Biohacking — Stretchable EEG Temporary Tattoos
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.