Position Availability: July 1, 2015
Title: Professor or Associate Professor of Accessories / Mobile + Wearables
Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time Faculty
Position Status: Full-Time
Department: PSD/School of Fashion/Faculty
Today, when design thinking is increasingly being employed to the complexities of daily life, Parsons is leading new approaches to technology design in clothing, accessories and wearable devices. Parsons seeks candidates for a renewable term faculty position in mobile and wearable technologies in the School of Fashion, at the rank of professor or associate professor. We invite applications from design individuals on the leading edge of technology in fashion and style for the body, including accessories, mobile and wearable technology devices, portable biotech, and more.
The New School is committed to actively recruiting applications from a diverse pool. We encourage individuals from groups underrepresented in US higher education to apply.
Faculty teach 5 courses or equivalent per year at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, across Parsons. Faculty hold regular office hours and participate in classroom and extracurricular activities on a regular basis (e.g., critiques, juries, review panels, thesis supervision, independent study, internship supervision, program citizenship, advising, Parsons/New School committees, etc.). University citizenship includes rotating leadership roles that may include chairing committees and task forces and degree program directorship.
All hiring is subject to final Provost budgetary approval.
– A terminal degree in an area of fashion or product design, with complementary professional experience in design technology; or terminal degree in a field of design technology, with complementary professional experience in fashion related fields or in product design.
– Active creative/critical/innovative research or professional practice that demonstrates currency in the field, whether through exhibitions, projects, publications, conferences, awards, etc.
– Minimum 5 years teaching experience at university level with an understanding of undergraduate and graduate working environments.
– A strong commitment to teaching undergraduates and graduates in a progressive and diverse urban university setting.
– Ability to develop and nurture individual student’s design thinking abilities and a strong commitment to progressive and collaborative design pedagogies.
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, and communicate effectively.
– A commitment to working collaboratively across Parsons and the university, and with external partners towards the development of degree programs, shared projects and initiatives.education in the US and particularly in art and design.
Adafruit has had paid day off for voting for our team for years, if you need help getting that going for your organization, let us know – we can share how and why we did this as well as the good results. Here are some resources for voting by mail, voting in person, and some NY resources for our NY based teams as well. If there are additional resources to add, please let us know – adafruit.com/vote
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — To make it through a tough business cycle, layoffs should be a last resort
Wearables — Rub’n’buff
Electronics — Multimeter Bandwidth – AC Signal
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython 6 Release Candidate, new hardware & more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython #ElectronicHalloween @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Matrix Portal, Solar Lawn Sprinkler and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — micro:bit version 2 Announced!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — New Products 10/21/2020 Featuring #Adafruit Voice Bonnet for Raspberry Pi – Two Speakers + Two Mics! @adafruit #newproducts
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.