NEW PRODUCT – SIM808 GSM + GPRS + GPS Cellular Module
The SIM808 GSM GPRS Module is at the heart of our Adafruit FONA 808 – Mini Cellular GSM + GPS Breakout. For people who want to integrate a cellular (GSM/GPRS) module into their design without the full breakout, this hand-solderable module is pretty nice! Please note we don’t provide any tech support for this module, but we do have a schematic as well as a collection of datasheets and app notes that can be used to interface.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz – connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM (in the USA, T-Mobile is suggested)
- Fully-integrated GPS (MT3336 chipset with -165 dBm tracking sensitivity) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 32Ω speaker + electret microphone
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
- AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
Here's the GPS specifications:
- 22 tracking /66 acquisition channels
- GPS L1 C/A code
- Tracking: -165 dBm
- Cold starts : -147 dBm
- Cold starts: 30s (typ.)
- Hot starts: 1s (typ.)
- Warm starts: 28s (typ.)
- Accuracy: approx 2.5 meters
You’ll need to add all of the supporting circuitry that is required, such as antennas, power regulation, any level shifting, LEDs, etc! You can check out our SIM808 Eagle placement object in the adafruit Eagle library.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Adafruit interviews Dan Rasure, Managing Partner TechShop 2.0
Wearables — Simulate tattoos
Electronics — Heatsinks aren’t enough!
Biohacking — Getting More from Home DNA Testing
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.