The goals of this project are to:
- Send security system alerts to my mobile phone
- Check or set the security system status from a secure-web page
- Run the solution on a secure raspberry pi (https and certs)
- Use the existing DSC system to self-monitor
- Add EnvisaLink 3 to add Ethernet support to the DSC system
- Write self-monitoring software
- Create an instructable for this effort
Please Note: In this document, text enclosed in [square brackets] should be replaced with an actual value
My family has never had our home robbed, and we live in a low-crime area. There is no compelling reason to do this project, except it was interesting and fun.
Please note there is an excellent short cut to this instructable. Once the Envisalink 3 is up and running, you can use the off-the-shelf solution provided by Eyes-On called EnvisAlerts and EnvisAlarm, which sends alerts and monitors your home and/or a very cool cell phone mobile app called DSC Security Server by Mike P. I signed up for EnvisAlerts, and bought Mike P’s DSC Security Server. I was very pleased with both, but wanted my own version.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!