UPDATED PRODUCT – Bluefruit LE Friend – Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE 4.0) – nRF51822 – v2.0
The Bluefruit LE Friend is your new BLE BFF! This USB-to-BLE board makes it easy to get your computer talking to your BLE enabled phone or tablet using a standard serial/UART connection.
In it’s simplest form, it works on the same principle as a common USB/Serial adapter (the FTDI Friend, for example!). Any data that you enter via your favorite terminal emulator on your development machine will be transferred over the air to the connected phone or tablet, and vice versa, as a basic ‘UART’ connection.
The short and sweet:
- Completely transparent Data mode for USB to Bluetooth LE UART connectivity from computer to tablet/phone
- Connect to any phone or tablet with BLE, great for debugging or developing BLE devices or apps
- Works great with both Nordic (Android/iOS) or Adafruit (iOS) UART app, check out our source code if you want to create your own app!
- Uses the fancy Nordic nRF51822 chipset with custom firmware
- Optional Command mode to set GATT services/characteristics, advertising name/packet, Beacon capability, query status, RSSI, etc.
- Comes with standard Over-the-Air DFU bootloader, reprogram firmware using any BLE-capable iOS or Android device
- 4 LED indicators: blue connection status, red mode status, orange and green for RX/TX
- Snap-off SWD connector for advanced JTAG re-programming
- Comes with Nordic nRF58122 developer key
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — “ORANGE PI: MEETING WITH STEVEN ZHAO IN SHENZHEN”
Wearables — Putty in your hands
Electronics — Multimeter Bandwidth – AC Signal
Biohacking — Google Searching for “My Eyes Hurt” Peaked After Yesterday’s Eclipse
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.