After 6 months of hard work we are pleased to announce the release of RetroPie 3.0.
This retro-gaming project brings together a collection of popular emulators for those computers and consoles that you grew up with from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, all wrapped up and ready to run on the famous Raspberry Pi. From Atari 2600, to Sega Mega Drive to Sony PlayStation, all your favourite systems are covered. What are you waiting for – get playing!
You can find the download of the RetroPie image in the downloads section.
Installation Instructions can be found at Github: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation
RetroPie 3.0 Key Features
- Automatic controller configuration for RetroArch from EmulationStation.
- New system for single per system rom folders, default / per rom emulator switching, as well as per rom configurations.
- Lots of configuration tools accessible from Emulation station including setting up WiFi, a configuration editor, file manager, audio settings and more.
- Per system and per game menu to set video output and default emulator setting.
- Basic Joypad control in RetroPie-Setup menus.
- Option to add game roms via USB without network access
- Now offering over 20+ emulators + ports.
Lots of other improvements / bug fixes from the 2.6 release.
Thanks to PetRockBlock, BuZz, gizmo98, Herb Fargus, Floob and all others who have contributed to the project.
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!