Fictiv is looking for a Director of Manufacturing – someone who loves how everything is made, and has taken one or many idea(s) from inception to mass production. The ideal candidate will help us build and launch new manufacturing services into our platform. This person must have a strong and experienced grasp of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and the parties involved. A demonstrated knowledge of leading different teams is also required. At the end of the day, it’s all about teamwork and helping customers pick the best tool for the job!
– Optimize Fictiv’s current offerings in 3D printing service and launch this service nationally
– Design, build, and launch new manufacturing services that our customer demand and use regularly
– Build out an internal team to support existing technology offerings and scale/publish new manufacturing methods
– Collaborate with Product and Engineering to set requirements for launching new technologies
– Coordinate and work with different teams in order to deliver results in a timely fashion.
– BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
– 5-10+ years experience in manufacturing and product development
– Strong analytical skills
– Deep knowledge for different manufacturing processes
– Relentlessly resourceful with extreme attention to detail
– Passionate about how things are made and how products are produced
– A love for 3D printing and new technology
– Hands on experience running manufacturing machines (Mill/Lathe/IM/3D printer etc)
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
We offer engineers and designers a faster way to prototype and manufacture hardware.
We’re building a distributed manufacturing system that enables faster, more efficient production of physical parts. Unlike traditional vendors, we don’t own machines. Instead, we find, vet, and integrate idle machines into our network. As a result, we’re able to cut lead times by 50% versus traditional solutions, while putting unused capacity to use.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Challenges in trade between China and U.S. highlighted by forced labor bill
Wearables — This one’s for all the Cosplayers out there
Electronics — Avoid serial confusion!
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython 8 Beta 1, Hacktoberfest and much more! #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF @Raspberry_Pi
Adafruit IoT Monthly — CO2 Canary In a Coalmine, AQI Funnies, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode Thank You!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — NEW PRODUCT – Adafruit ENS160 MOX Gas Sensor – Sciosense CCS811 Upgrade – STEMMA QT / Qwiic
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.