Fictiv is looking for a Director of Manufacturing – someone who loves how everything is made, and has taken one or many idea(s) from inception to mass production. The ideal candidate will help us build and launch new manufacturing services into our platform. This person must have a strong and experienced grasp of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and the parties involved. A demonstrated knowledge of leading different teams is also required. At the end of the day, it’s all about teamwork and helping customers pick the best tool for the job!
– Optimize Fictiv’s current offerings in 3D printing service and launch this service nationally
– Design, build, and launch new manufacturing services that our customer demand and use regularly
– Build out an internal team to support existing technology offerings and scale/publish new manufacturing methods
– Collaborate with Product and Engineering to set requirements for launching new technologies
– Coordinate and work with different teams in order to deliver results in a timely fashion.
– BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
– 5-10+ years experience in manufacturing and product development
– Strong analytical skills
– Deep knowledge for different manufacturing processes
– Relentlessly resourceful with extreme attention to detail
– Passionate about how things are made and how products are produced
– A love for 3D printing and new technology
– Hands on experience running manufacturing machines (Mill/Lathe/IM/3D printer etc)
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
We offer engineers and designers a faster way to prototype and manufacture hardware.
We’re building a distributed manufacturing system that enables faster, more efficient production of physical parts. Unlike traditional vendors, we don’t own machines. Instead, we find, vet, and integrate idle machines into our network. As a result, we’re able to cut lead times by 50% versus traditional solutions, while putting unused capacity to use.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Tape tactics
Electronics — Ground connections cooler via more vias
Biohacking — Itch Tracker for Apple Watch
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.