Fictiv is looking for a Director of Manufacturing – someone who loves how everything is made, and has taken one or many idea(s) from inception to mass production. The ideal candidate will help us build and launch new manufacturing services into our platform. This person must have a strong and experienced grasp of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and the parties involved. A demonstrated knowledge of leading different teams is also required. At the end of the day, it’s all about teamwork and helping customers pick the best tool for the job!
– Optimize Fictiv’s current offerings in 3D printing service and launch this service nationally
– Design, build, and launch new manufacturing services that our customer demand and use regularly
– Build out an internal team to support existing technology offerings and scale/publish new manufacturing methods
– Collaborate with Product and Engineering to set requirements for launching new technologies
– Coordinate and work with different teams in order to deliver results in a timely fashion.
– BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
– 5-10+ years experience in manufacturing and product development
– Strong analytical skills
– Deep knowledge for different manufacturing processes
– Relentlessly resourceful with extreme attention to detail
– Passionate about how things are made and how products are produced
– A love for 3D printing and new technology
– Hands on experience running manufacturing machines (Mill/Lathe/IM/3D printer etc)
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
We offer engineers and designers a faster way to prototype and manufacture hardware.
We’re building a distributed manufacturing system that enables faster, more efficient production of physical parts. Unlike traditional vendors, we don’t own machines. Instead, we find, vet, and integrate idle machines into our network. As a result, we’re able to cut lead times by 50% versus traditional solutions, while putting unused capacity to use.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — A field guide to designing your PCBs, learned the hard way
Wearables — A glowing start point
Electronics — Current limiting!
Biohacking — A Gene to Predict Modafinil Response
Python for Microcontrollers — Python snakes its way to eInk displays! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.